A.J. Calloway attends the 2018 Women’s Media Awards in New York on Nov. 1. (Photo by Jemal Countess/Getty Images for Women’s Media Center)
“Extra” host A.J. Calloway was suspended Saturday after new allegations of sexual misconduct were leveled against him.
Warner Bros. Television told The Hollywood Reporter in a statement that Calloway, who was arrested in June on a sexual assault charge that was later dropped, has been suspended as several women have come forward with new allegations.
“Upon becoming aware of allegations of sexual misconduct against A.J. Calloway, we began an internal review to determine whether there had been any misconduct by Mr. Calloway on ‘Extra’ and whether any employee of the show had been the victim of any such misconduct,” the statement read.
HARVEY WEINSTEIN SEXUAL ASSAULT CASE WILL MOVE FORWARD, JUDGE SAYS
The company went on to say that it had investigated prior accusations against Calloway and found no suggestion of workplace misconduct.
“To date, we have found nothing to suggest that Mr. Calloway has ever engaged in workplace misconduct.”
Calloway, who has been with “Extra” since 2005, was arrested in June following a 2006 incident where a woman, Sil Lai Abrams, accused him of sexual assault. The case was later dismissed.
In January, a report from The Daily Beast revealed two new misconduct allegations by women who asked to remain anonymous. Neither allegation concerned misconduct that took place at work.
VIRGINIA LT. GOV. JUSTIN FAIRFAX AGAIN DENIES SEX ASSAULT CLAIMS, SAYING ENCOUNTERS WERE ‘CONSENSUAL’
However, subsequent accusations against Calloway have come to light, prompting his suspension.
“In light of additional allegations brought to our attention, we are expanding our ongoing inquiries, and Mr. Calloway has been suspended pending further review. We take such allegations very seriously and are committed to doing everything we can to ensure a safe and inclusive workplace for all of our employees,” the parent company’s statement read.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
Calloway’s lawyer, Lisa E. Davis, said her client vehemently denies ever assaulting anyone and looks forward to clearing his name.
Davis said that Calloway maintains that the allegations are unsubstantiated and false. “He vehemently denies that he ever assaulted anyone and looks forward to clearing his name,” she said.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.